NetReadyCellGUIs created by the same CellBuilder

Moderator: wwlytton

GTR

NetReadyCellGUIs created by the same CellBuilder

Post by GTR »

I want to make a network of 4 neurons of the same type (subthalamic) -using the GUI not hoc code- Network Cell->from Cell Builder with 4 (NetReadyCellGUIs-SynTypeGUIs) based on the same cell builder[0] while the only difference between these cells the places where the synapses are attached.
So my problem is while I connect the cells and turn the Create button ON,
I want to plot the voltage of STN1_Cell[0].soma.v(0.5), STN2_Cell[0].soma.v(0.5) etc. so I use Plot what? in the voltage graph but by scrolling down to objects as you indicate in the Network tutorial I can't find the object STN_Cell.Where is my mistake?
Does this have to do with the fact that all NetReadyCellGUIs share the same Cellbuilder?
To be honest,I tried to make 4 NetReadyCellGUIs each one with its cell builder and I found the cells I want to plot in the Objects list but I can't always start from scratch building a cell!
Is it something I haven't understood with network Builder?

So more generally -using GUI and not hoc code -when I want to make a network that contains templates of the same neuron and the difference lies only on the types and the points of synapses' attachments what I should do?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

I want to make a network of 4 neurons of the same type (subthalamic) -using the GUI not hoc code- Network Cell->from Cell Builder with 4 (NetReadyCellGUIs-SynTypeGUIs) based on the same cell builder[0] while the only difference between these cells the places where the synapses are attached.
It is easiest to create a single cell class with all four synapses. In other words, use one
NetReadyCellGUI tool, and put all 4 synaptic mechanisms onto the model cell.
In the NetWork Builder, spawn four instances of that cell class, and just be careful about
where you attach Src to Tar.
I want to plot the voltage of STN1_Cell[0].soma.v(0.5), STN2_Cell[0].soma.v(0.5) etc. so I use Plot what? in the voltage graph but by scrolling down to objects as you indicate in the Network tutorial I can't find the object STN_Cell.Where is my mistake?
Is STN_Cell the correct name? Click on the Network Builder's "Show Cell Map" button*.
This brings up a panel with two columns--the left column lists the names as they are
shown in the Network Builder, and the right column lists the corresponding names in hoc.
Does this have to do with the fact that all NetReadyCellGUIs share the same Cellbuilder?
No.

*--In recent alpha versions of NEURON, the button is called Net Variables. Click on it
and select the Show Map item.