- The NEURON Summer Course
- What: This year's summer course has two components.
NEURON Fundamentals provides a thorough introduction
to using NEURON to model cells and networks,
and introduces parallel simulation.
Parallel Simulation with NEURON is for users who already know how to write hoc or Python code for NEURON, and now want to learn powerful strategies for creating models that will run on parallel hardware.
Where: Institute for Neural Computation at UC San Diego
When: June 20-23 (Fundamentals) and 24-26 (Parallel), 2015.
Discounts are available for applicants who sign up for both courses and/or register by Friday, May 15, 2015. For more information see http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/static/courses/nscsd2015/nscsd2015.html
- NEURON at the SFN 2014 meeting
- What: A 1 day course that provides a practical introduction to building and using models of neurons and networks with NEURON
Where: Downtown Washington DC
When: 9 AM - 5 PM on Friday, November 14, 2014
- NEURON at CNS 2014 meeting
What: A half-day tutorial on new developments in NEURON, highlighting Python, reaction-diffusion, NEURON-interfacing, ModelDB, and more.
Where: Quebec City Convention Center, room 2103
When: 9 AM - 12 PM on July 26, 2014
For more information see http://neuron.yale.edu/neuron/node/89
- Using NEURON to Model Cells and Networks, a Satellite Symposium presented at the Society for Neuroscience meetings since 1997.
Examine an introductory lecture from the
1997 SFN course. This tutorial should help you get started creating your
own models and using NEURON's graphical interface.
Check the Documentation page for a link to the CellBuilder tutorial, which is based on a lesson presented at the 1999 SFN course.
Learn how to use the Network Builder to create network models that contain artificial neural elements and biophysically-based neural models. These tutorials are based on a presentation from the 2000 SFN course.
- The NEURON Simulation Environment, an intensive multi-day hands-on course presented since 1998 at the University of California, San Diego, with NSF and NIH support, and occasionally at other locations including the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea, 2010) and the Inistitute of Science and Technology (IST, Klosterneuburg, Austria, 2012).
- NEURON Workshops, presented at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis in the summers of 2000 - 2003.
- The content of this hands-on course was similar to what we have offered in San Diego, but structured so that registrants could select a 3-day basic curriculum or stay for a full 5 days to learn about advanced topics.
Why not pick up the complete course archive ?
On mswin, unzip the course.zip file into c:\
For unix, unzip in the /where/you/installed/it/share directory.
Then open handson.html in a browser.