Neuron 7.5-2 on Manjaro Linux shows no UI elements

cengique

Neuron 7.5-2 on Manjaro Linux shows no UI elements

Post by cengique »

Hi,

I installed Neuron 7.5-2 from the AUR package repositories in my Manjaro Linux (and Arch-based distro, with kernel 3.18.84-1). It compiles and installs without errors, and I can run nrniv or nrgui, but no windows pop up. I also installed Interviews, but with or without it I still can't pop up any windows.

Code: Select all

$ nrngui 
NEURON -- VERSION 7.5 master (6b4c19f) 2017-09-25
I don't see a package maintainer listed in the package information, so is this an officially maintained package? Is this a known problem? I will try installing from source.

Thanks,
Cengiz
cengique

Re: Neuron 7.5-2 on Manjaro Linux shows no UI elements

Post by cengique »

Update: I was able to install from source and it works fine on Manjaro.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Neuron 7.5-2 on Manjaro Linux shows no UI elements

Post by ted »

I installed Neuron 7.5-2 from the AUR package repositories
. . .
I don't see a package maintainer listed in the package information, so is this an officially maintained package?
We'd be delighted if there were so many NEURON users that every Linux distribution could have its own distribution-specific installer, maintained by a volunteer who had the time and energy to keep up with at least the standard distribution, not to mention the alphas. That hasn't happened yet, but we're only a few years into the current millennium, so there's still hope that installer utopia will arrive before neuroscience unravels all of the brain's secrets . . .

In the meantime, the only way to be sure of what you're getting is to pick up packages from the Download page
https://neuron.yale.edu/neuron/download
or get development code from the git repository as described here
https://neuron.yale.edu/neuron/download/getdevel