nan in meaured voltage and current

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
manyi

nan in meaured voltage and current

Post by manyi »

I have a multicompartment neuron model and use SEClamp. When the pulse amplitude is below about +50mV, it is working perfectly. But when the pulse amplitude is larger than +60mV, the measured voltage as well as the electrode current become nan. I wonder whether it is a precision problem.
ted
Site Admin

Re: nan in meaured voltage and current

Post by ted »

This is usually caused by either a programmer's error in a mod file, or model equations (usually in a mod file) that are inherently unstable. If you want more specific advice, please zip up all of the hoc, nmodl, and ses files necessary to reproduce the problem (NO dlls please) and email them to
ted dot carnevale at yale dot edu
Please be sure to review these instructions before you send the zip file:
What to include in a zip file, and what to leave out
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=560
HTNA

Post by HTNA »

ted wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:05 pm This is usually caused by either a programmer's error in a mod file, or model equations (usually in a mod file) that are inherently unstable.
I have the same problem, I have checked times and times mod file equations, but I couldn't solve this problem. Is there another reason for that?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

The symptom is nonspecific. Diagnosis requires more information than the statement "I'm getting NAN errors"