multiple mod files

andy_t_roo

multiple mod files

Post by andy_t_roo »

i am having trouble compiling directories with multiple mod files
if i drag the entire folder onto mknrndll, it seems to only compile one of the mod files (i get an error at the import line for one if the new channels)

if i drag multiple files onto mknrndll it deletes all but one of them, and exits with the error

make: *** No rule to make target `/stuff/rcg/ca_rgc/canrgc.lo', needed by `libnrnmech.la'. Stop.
Press 'return' key to close

any ideas? i am using neurnon 5.7 (i don't know if it is the latest build- downloaded ~a month ago)

Thanks,
Andrew

ps.
sorry if this is a double post - i got an error when i clicked submit the first time, and it hasn't appeared on the forum
hines
Site Admin

Post by hines »

> if i drag the entire folder onto mknrndll, it seems to only compile one of the mod files.
That is probably because there is an error in the mod file which stops everything.

> if i drag multiple files onto mknrndll it deletes all but one of them
I programmed for folder and single file dragging, so I'll have to extend the script to take the file group dragging into account. The files were not deleted, just moved into the powerpc folder.
I'm sure when I debug this, it will become clear why they were moved instead of copied.

The bottom line for now is to fix your mod file error and drag the directory onto the mknrndll icon.
andy_t_roo

Post by andy_t_roo »

the mod files compile under the windows version of neuron and testing with the calcium channel RGC model from the model section of the neuron site has the same problem.

the model that i am using and the output i get when i compile and run the directory is at andrewhill.no-ip.org/ca_rgc.tar.gz ( this is simply the model from http://senselab.med.yale.edu/senselab/m ... model=3457 with an extra file of the output that i get)

Andrew
hines
Site Admin

Post by hines »

are you by any chance running tiger instead of panther. If so install
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/neuron/v ... SX10.4.dmg
andy_t_roo

thanks

Post by andy_t_roo »

yes that works, thankyou for your help.