neuron 6.2 on XP, mknrndll does not function

btorb

neuron 6.2 on XP, mknrndll does not function

Post by btorb »

Dear, In order to use the python interface with neuron i just switched from neuron 5.9 to neuron 6.2. On my windows computer, this resulted in the fact that i'm unable to compile mod files with mknrndll. (On another computer with linux it works fine).

After selecting the directory in which the mod files are located, both nrniv and the complete shell (rxvt?) crash without leaving a trace. To resolve the error, i opened the rxvt terminal and filed the following command manually:

sh /cygdrive/c/nrn62/lib/mknrndll.sh /cygdrive/c/nrn62

(the command is given in the directory containing the mod files).

The following is the output:

gcc -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/src/scopmath -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/src/ nrnoc -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/src/oc -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/lib -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/gcc inc -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/gcc3inc -L/cygdrive/c/nrn62/gcclib -c mod_func.c
gcc -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/lib -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/gccinc -I/cygdrive/c/nrn62/gcc3i nc -L/cygdrive/c/nrn62/gcclib -shared -o nrnmech.dll mod_func.o Ks.o gap.o kdr.o naf.o tmgsyn.o \
-L/cygdrive/c/nrn62/bin -lnrniv
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: warning: au to-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the co mmand line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs.Ks.o:Ks.c:(.text+0x77d): undefined reference to `__imp_ __iob'
kdr.o:kdr.c:(.text+0x153a): undefined reference to `__imp___iob'
naf.o:naf.c:(.text+0x129b): undefined reference to `__imp___iob'
tmgsyn.o:tmgsyn.c:(.text+0x41d): undefined reference to `__imp___iob'
tmgsyn.o:tmgsyn.c:(.text+0x9ff): undefined reference to `__imp___iob'
Info: resolving _dt by linking to __imp__dt (auto-import)
Info: resolving _t by linking to __imp__t (auto-import)
Info: resolving _nrn_point_prop_ by linking to __imp__nrn_point_prop_ (auto-impo rt)
Info: resolving _celsius by linking to __imp__celsius (auto-import)
Info: resolving _pnt_receive by linking to __imp__pnt_receive (auto-import)
Info: resolving _pnt_receive_init by linking to __imp__pnt_receive_init (auto-im port)
Info: resolving _pnt_receive_size by linking to __imp__pnt_receive_size (auto-im port)
Info: resolving _state_discon_flag_ by linking to __imp__state_discon_flag_ (aut o-import)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [nrnmech.dll] Error 1

There was an error in the process of creating nrnmech.dll
Press Return key to exit

Probably I'm doing something very stupid and i would appreciate if somebody could point out what exactly it is that i do wrong.

Kind regards and thanks in advance, Ben
hines
Site Admin

Re: neuron 6.2 on XP, mknrndll does not function

Post by hines »

remove all the *.c, *.o, and *.dll files from your directory and try again.
btorb

Re: neuron 6.2 on XP, mknrndll does not function

Post by btorb »

thanks. removing does files did the job.