error in generator statement

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
sreerupa guha

error in generator statement

Post by sreerupa guha »

I am facing a problem while using the grapher regarding the Generator statement.
the error reads as follows

finitialize not enough arguments
{v=hoc_ac_finitialize(v) }
finitialize (0 )
execute1 ("{v=hoc_ac_finitialize(v) }" )
Grapher[0] .grapher_doplt (Graph[0] 10000.1"{v=hoc_ac_ finitialize(v) }""v"
, , )
Grapher[0] .doplt( )

The program gives the error statement at random times. And only one file is giving the error whereas the other hoc file with the similar model is not giving any problems.
can you please tell what does the error mean?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

To diagnose and fix the problem, it will be necessary to be able to reproduce it. Please zip
up just the hoc, ses, and mod files that are needed to reproduce this, and send it to me
ted dot carnevale at yale dot edu
sreerupa guha

files sent

Post by sreerupa guha »

I have sent you the required hoc and mod files which generate the error.Kindly help me out on this please.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

The problem appears to be with some NMODL code that was altered in a way that broke initialization. The model involves many mechanisms specified with mod files, and many of those have errors that were detected by modlunit; at least one of these errors of a kind that would interfere with initialization. Repairing the mod files will take some time and effort, and sreerupa guha is now working on the problem.
sreerupa guha

Post by sreerupa guha »

thankyou for your suggestion with the modlunit.i was able to rectify the error in a much easier way. the problem was due to some redefined parameters in some of the mod files.
the model is now working fine and without any further errors.