[solved] cannot add .mod under KUBUNTU

tk_ac

[solved] cannot add .mod under KUBUNTU

Post by tk_ac »

I am aware of the threads in this forum that tell me to install full development tools (https://www.neuron.yale.edu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586).
I installed the packages "build-essential" and "kde-devel" which included (as far as I can tell) all you need.

Still, I cannot use nrnivmodl under Kubuntu 6.06, it exits with Error 1 and tells me:

Code: Select all

"/usr/share/nrn/libtool" --mode=compile i386-linux-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I.. -I"/usr/include/nrn" -I"/usr/lib"    -g -O2 -c -o hcno.lo `test -f 'hcno.c' || echo '/'`hcno.c
 i386-linux-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/nrn -I/usr/lib -g -O2 -c hcno.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/hcno.o
/usr/share/nrn/libtool: line 1089: i386-linux-gcc: command not found
make: *** [hcno.lo] Fehler 1
Hm? Does anyone have an idea? Does anyone actually run Neuron under (K)ubuntu? To me it seems as if the compiler "i386-linux-gcc" that is called for is the problem or is not found.

Oh, and I installed from the .deb files I downloaded from the Neuron website (http://neuron.duke.edu/). Maybe I should compile from source.
Last edited by tk_ac on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tk_ac

Post by tk_ac »

Ok, erm, sorry for solving my own problem here...
I just thought I'd post my "solution":

Compiling iv-17 and nrn-6.0 from source did the trick. But, before that worked I
a) symlinked the readline-libs

sudo ln -s /lib/libreadline.so.5 /lib/libreadline.so
before compiling interviews (as described here) and
b) added the path to interviews to the configure of nrn

./configure --prefix=`pwd` --with-readline=/lib --with-iv=/home/*username*/neuron/iv
and generally sticked to this help.
Now running nrnivmodl to include .mod files works.

Duh. It was all in the forums and docs already. Sorry again. Nevertheless, maybe this is valuable information for some Ubuntu-folks out there. The .deb packages provided on the Neuron download page do NOT work properly for "our" distro.
Now... if I would just know how to create .deb packages that work for Ubuntu, I would submit those. Maybe anyone else?