NEURON and FreeBSD6.2

along82

NEURON and FreeBSD6.2

Post by along82 »

Neuron can work smoothly in FreeBSD6.2 except for the ugly font appearance :D, however, there is one little problem during the installation process for that variable SPECNAMELEN was reported not be declared during this scope.
In the file /usr/lib/sys/conf.h, I noticed that specnamelen was not declared but used in this file, the installation process can be successfully done after i have declared this variable in this file.
After a careful checking, i found in the older version of freebsd OS, variable SPECNAMELEN was actually defined in conf.h, but in this latest release 6.2 edition, this variable, along with some other ones, was declared in another header file: param.h. So, i guess header file param.h should be included in the NEURON code where necessary.
PS, would somebody show some suggestion on improving the font appearance of NEURON, since i would work with it for a long time, and beauty is always better
hines
Site Admin

Post by hines »

The share/nrn/lib/nrn.defaults file determines the fonts used. You can experiment with those. You can start by copying those lines to your
$HOME/.nrn.defaults file.
along82

Post by along82 »

thanks, i have tried.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

And was the result a success?
along82

Post by along82 »

I tried many fonts type, but finally get back to the origin ... :D, except for the italic type for Menu