alphasynapse

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
shwetakgp

alphasynapse

Post by shwetakgp »

this is my first post. I am very happy to be a part of it finally.thanks to the team .
my first question is a little silly one. why dont we have a presynaptic potential parameter in alphasynapse? i always add alphasynapse as a point process,mention its basically i wanted to know the difference between the working of Alphasynapse and post synaptic transmission. what is significance of gap junction?
any help is appreciated
ted
Site Admin

Re: alphasynapse

Post by ted »

First, it's AlphaSynapse, not alphasynapse (case is important). AlphaSynapse generates a single conductance transient at a user-specified time. Period. That's all it does. Doesn't need any presynaptic spikes.
shwetakgp wrote:what is significance of gap junction?
Electrical connections between neurons, implemented by nature via specialized structures.
shwetakgp

Post by shwetakgp »

dear ted,
i wanted to implement the ratty,s activation model.but i cant figure it out .how to introduce into a current term that is proportional to the second spatial derivative of extracellular field in a cable equation.
what should be my cable equation?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

shwetakgp wrote:dear ted,
i wanted to implement the ratty,s activation model.but i cant figure it out .how to introduce into a current term that is proportional to the second spatial derivative of extracellular field in a cable equation.
what should be my cable equation?
Your question is not logically part of the existing discussion thread. It should start a new thread.