7.0 Build Fails on OpenBSD/sparc64 4.3

fader

7.0 Build Fails on OpenBSD/sparc64 4.3

Post by fader »

Hi guys,

I downloaded NEURON 7.0 and tried to build it on a Sun Blade 1000/2000 both running OpenBSD/sparc64 4.3. For some reason, the build locks up at:

Code: Select all

gcc -g -O2 -o modlunit parse1.o lex.o consist.o declare.o init.o io.o kinunit.o list.o model.o nrnunit.o passn.o symbol.o units.o units1.o version.o  -lm declare.o
For configure options, I used

--without-iv --without-memacs
If I use

--with-mpi
I'd get the build lock at:

mpicc -g -O2 -o modlunit parse1.o lex.o consist.o declare.o init.o io.o kinunit.o list.o model.o nrnunit.o passn.o symbol.o units.o units1.o version.o  -lm declare.o
Any suggestions on how to get this work? Do I need more restrictive options? I see someone else on the forum has gotten NEURON to build fine on Solaris, but I hope there's a chance OpenBSD will be able to build it. It sucks that I have to restart the computer every time the build fails as it kills my ssh connections. Help appreciated! Thanks
hines
Site Admin

Re: 7.0 Build Fails on OpenBSD/sparc64 4.3

Post by hines »

When you say "locking up" do you mean that no error message is produced and gcc just never returns. One thing wrong with the gcc line you sent is
that the second occurrence of 'declare.o' should not be there. Could you send me by email the exact output from a 'make' in the
nrn/src/modlunit directory and also the Makefile in that directory. <michael dot hines at yale dot edu>