nrnivmodl compile error

remy

nrnivmodl compile error

Post by remy »

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 32 bit and I installed neuron( and iv) from source ( which I am rusty on), everything appeared to compile and instal.
However when I downloaded a model and tried to compile it using nrnivmodl I get the error
'make: *** No rule to make target 'HH2.mod', needed by 'HH2.lo'. stop'
The model I downloaded was Application of a common kinetic formalism for synaptic models (Destexhe et al 1994)
from the model database

I know some programming however I've spent over 6 hours trying to install and fix this problem and I am exhausted
As far as I could tell I have all dependencies installed but maybe I missed something
hines
Site Admin

Re: nrnivmodl compile error

Post by hines »

If you type
neurondemo
in a terminal window, does it work? If not please send the complete terminal
output to me by email.
If it does work, then try the Destexhe model again from scratch and send
me the terminal output.
remy

Re: nrnivmodl compile error

Post by remy »

I just tried NEURON again and it worked, mostly
neurondemo works, all the options
the Destexhe model works if I load each .hoc separately (there is an option rundemo.hoc (or mosinit.hoc) which gives a menu to run all parts of the model and that does not work but I can live with that for now)
if I try and run the rundemo.hoc the error I get is 'Couldnn't find: gabab.hoc' (that's one of the files in model and it is there) and then 'Segmentation violation' (sorry I can't copy paste Neuron's on different computer)
I was able to use : nrnivmodl to compile the model and it seems to have worked
since I got this far now I can work on learning more about NEURON at least
I am relatively new to compiling from source, maybe it required a restart/recompile of linux? (I am a bit confused as to why it suddenly worked but I'll take it)

Thanks for the reply I had pretty much given up and hadn't even opened NEURON again since compiling