nrn_load_dll not available, compiled for open mpi, python

bhalterm

nrn_load_dll not available, compiled for open mpi, python

Post by bhalterm »

Hi,
I just tried to compile NEURON 7.1 with python as the interpreter with open mpi 1.4.3 on Mac OSX 10.5.8. My configure line was:

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=$IDIR/nrn --with-iv=$IDIR/iv --enable-carbon --with-nrnpython PYLIB='-framework Python' PYLIBLINK='-framework Python' --with-paranrn -build=i386
I didn't notice any errors during the install process. When I try to load the compiled mechanisms, I get the error:

/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/nrn/i386/bin/nrniv.app/Contents/MacOS/nrniv: nrn_load_dll not available on this machine
 near line 0
 n = nrn_load_dll("/Users/benlhalt/NEURON/try_pynet/build/i386/.libs/libnrnmech.so")
When I cd to the .libs directory, it is empty.

Ben
Last edited by bhalterm on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bhalterm

Re: nrn_load_dll not available, compiled for open mpi, python

Post by bhalterm »

ok... I tried recompiling, doing everything the same, but now I get an error from running "python setup.py install". The only difference I can imagine is that the first time I didn't run "make clean" before compiling.

(note that each time I run setup.py, I have to comment out the if block that begins "if nrnpython_exec!=sys.executable:" because it is comparing the python executable to a link to that executable, and saying they aren't the same, thus producing an error.)

running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7
creating build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/__init__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/doc.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/gui.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/sections.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron
creating build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron/tests
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/tests/__init__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron/tests
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/tests/test_all.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron/tests
copying ../.././share/lib/python/neuron/tests/test_vector.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron/tests
running build_ext
building 'neuron.hoc' extension
creating build/temp.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7
mpicc -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch ppc -arch i386 -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -I../.././src/oc -I../oc -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -c inithoc.cpp -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/inithoc.o
mpic++ -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -g -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -g build/temp.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/inithoc.o -L/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/nrn/i386/lib -L/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/iv/i386/lib -lnrnpython -lnrnoc -loc -lnrniv -livoc -lmemacs -lmeschach -lneuron_gnu -lnrnmpi -lscopmath -lsparse13 -lsundials -lIVhines -lreadline -o build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.7/neuron/hoc.so -Wl,-R/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/nrn/i386/lib -Wl,-R/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/iv/i386/lib
ld: unknown option: -R/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/nrn/i386/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: unknown option: -R/Applications/NEURON-7.1-parallel/nrn/i386/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/folders/Yl/YlKXeBKiEzSF6Nug9mEI+E+++TI/-Tmp-//ccfABShQ.out (No such file or directory)
error: command 'mpic++' failed with exit status 1
ted
Site Admin

Re: nrn_load_dll not available, compiled for open mpi, python

Post by ted »

I was going to suggest you try the latest alpha
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/neuron/v ... 524.tar.gz
but from your other thread it appears you may have already done that.