Frequency dependent activation of g protein models

NMODL and the Channel Builder.
jofrony

Frequency dependent activation of g protein models

Post by jofrony »

Hi,

I am working on NEURON+python implementation of neuromodulatory synapses. I have models for M4 receptors which takes a acetylcholine concentration as input parameter and a nitric oxide model which is a slow excitatory current ( using the Exp2syn but with modified time constants).

I was wondering if there are implementations of frequency dependent activation of neuromodulatory synapses. For example the activation of the receptors should be different depending on the frequency of the presynaptic cell (up to 1-3 s back in time). Hence the model has to record the spiking of the cell for 1-3 s and then depending on the frequency during that time activate the synaptic model.

I have thought about implementing it with a IntFire1 - which integrates the spiking but I would like a solution which is not binary but continuous with frequency dependence.

Thank you,

Jofrony
gladonias

Re: Frequency dependent activation of g protein models

Post by gladonias »

Have you checked ModelDB?
Maybe someone already did something of the sort.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Frequency dependent activation of g protein models

Post by ted »

Yes, ModelDB would be a good place to start looking. Also, do you know of one or more published articles that provides a mathematical description of the exact phenomenon you want to represent in your model?