Plotting Input signal

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
Kvogt

Plotting Input signal

Post by Kvogt »

Hey,

I would like to ask if there is any way that I can plot (with hoc language from terminal or GUI of NEURON) the input signal of the current I am injecting with a PointProcessManager.

Thank you in advance
ted
Site Admin

Re: Plotting Input signal

Post by ted »

Hey
Hay is for horses. You grew up on a farm?
plot (with hoc language from terminal or GUI of NEURON) the input signal of the current I am injecting with a PointProcessManager
Actually, the PointProcessManager isn't injecting any current. What's injecting current is an instance of a point process class that is managed by the PointProcessManager.

The PointProcessManager's "parameters" page will show the name of the object class and its instance. This will be of the form
ClassName[index]
where ClassName will be something like IClamp, SEClamp, or AlphaSynapse, and index will be a nonnegative whole number (0, 1, 2 etc.). Also on that page check the buttons below the object instance name to discover what the point process's current is called (you'll probably see a button labeled i (nA)).

Next bring up a graph by clicking on NEURON Main Menu / Graph / Current axis and use its Plot what? tool to enter the fully qualified name of the variable that you want the graph to plot; assuming that the current is called i, the fully qualified name will be of the form
ClassName[index].i
Finally dismiss the Plot what? tool by clicking on its "Accept" button.

For more information see the entry How do I plot something other than membrane potential? in the FAQ list https://neuron.yale.edu/neuron/faq/general-questions
Kvogt

Post by Kvogt »

Dear ted,
ted wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 pm Hay is for horses. You grew up on a farm?
I wrote "Hey" because it is a friendly greeting and I tried to be polite to the person that would respond to my post. I don't really understand what do you mean by "Hay" and I feel like the comment you wrote asking me if I grew up on a farm is kind of inappropriate.

I would like also to thank you for responding to my question.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

I feel like the comment you wrote asking me if I grew up on a farm is kind of inappropriate.
Then we're even. I feel that, outside of a very limited circle of close acquaintances with whom one might horse around, addressing someone with "hey" is inappropriate.