question about the axon model

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
melissamou

question about the axon model

Post by melissamou »

Dear Ted,
1,the model i created just has myelins and nodes which according the model 9848 without soma, hill and dendrite, is it right?
2,i just want simulate extracellular stimulation not recording, need I use insert xtra just like the model "extracellular_stim_and_rec"
thanks very much for your time.
ted
Site Admin

Re: question about the axon model

Post by ted »

melissamou wrote:the model i created just has myelins and nodes which according the model 9848 without soma, hill and dendrite, is it right?
If you are asking
"Does ModelDB entry 9848 (Myelinated axon conduction velocity (Brill et al 1977)) include only nodes of Ranvier and internodes, and omit soma, axon hillock, and dendrite?"
the answer is yes.
i just want simulate extracellular stimulation not recording, need I use insert xtra just like the model "extracellular_stim_and_rec"
Are you asking whether it is possible to combine the code from ModelDB entgry 9848 with the code that I developed for extracellular stimulation and recording?
melissamou

Post by melissamou »

ted wrote:Are you asking whether it is possible to combine the code from ModelDB entgry 9848 with the code that I developed for extracellular stimulation and recording?
yes, it's one of my question.
another one is that: in the script of " http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/ted/neur ... nd_rec.zip" there is xtra channel, what's the xtra for? is it used in recording? if so, if i just want to simulate stimulation, need i insert xtra?

many thanks
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

melissamou wrote:
ted wrote:Are you asking whether it is possible to combine the code from ModelDB entgry 9848 with the code that I developed for extracellular stimulation and recording?
yes, it's one of my question.
The answer is yes, in the sense that "all things are possible through programming."
another one is that: in the script of " http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/ted/neur ... nd_rec.zip" there is xtra channel, what's the xtra for? is it used in recording? if so, if i just want to simulate stimulation, need i insert xtra?
Answers are in the reame.txt file that is contained in the zip file.