Importing SWC or ASC from Neuromorpho

Managing anatomically complex model cells with the CellBuilder. Importing morphometric data with NEURON's Import3D tool or Robert Cannon's CVAPP. Where to find detailed morphometric data.
epokh

Importing SWC or ASC from Neuromorpho

Post by epokh »

I'm importin in NEURON the morphological files from this database:
http://neuromorpho.org/
In particular I'm working with the Makram pyramidal, chandelier and basket cells.
The files both asc and swc are imported correctly in the Import 3D interface.
After this I export them to the network builder, but when I watch to the geometry property the Strategy box is ticked so I have to choose the diameter and lenght for each section, but it's strange because they must be already defined!
except for the Biophysic parameter that I have to put manually.

Cheers.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Importing SWC or ASC from Neuromorpho

Post by ted »

Importing detailed morphometric data sets up a sequence of (x, y, z, diam) values that define the geometry of each section in the model. These values are not displayed
on the Geometry page of the CellBuilder, but they are saved internally and are used to
compute the surface area, axial resistance, etc. of every segment in the model cell.

You can override these values by going to the Geometry page, making sure that the
Strategy box has been checked, then clicking on a section name and clicking on the
"Constant value over subset" L and diam boxes. Or if you want to completely destroy
all of the pt3d data, select the all subset and then click on the L and diam boxes under
either "Distinct values over subset" or "Constant value over subset". Why anyone
would want to do that is a mystery to me, but it is possible.

Anyone who intends to use the CellBuilder should first work through its tutorial--see
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/stati ... /main.html
epokh

yes

Post by epokh »

O I see, all right!