is it possible to plot delayogram with NEURON?

Managing anatomically complex model cells with the CellBuilder. Importing morphometric data with NEURON's Import3D tool or Robert Cannon's CVAPP. Where to find detailed morphometric data.
stelescu

is it possible to plot delayogram with NEURON?

Post by stelescu »

Hi,

I would like to ask you if it’s possible in NEURON to plot delayograms. I know that for the voltage attenuation - NEURON has an implemented function to plot the morphoelectrotonic transformation.

Is that possible - similar with the voltage attenuation-, to plot the total delay (TD=LD+PD, LD-local delay and PD=propagation delay) as a delayogram?

Thank you for your help!
ted
Site Admin

Re: is it possible to plot delayogram with NEURON?

Post by ted »

stelescu wrote:I would like to ask you if it’s possible in NEURON to plot delayograms.
What's a delayogram?
I know that for the voltage attenuation - NEURON has an implemented function to plot the morphoelectrotonic transformation.
If "morphoelectrotonic transformation" means the neuromorphic rendering
of the electrotonic transformation, you are referring to the Impedance class
and the corresponding GUI tools under
NEURON Main Menu / Tools / Impedance.
Is that possible - similar with the voltage attenuation-, to plot the total delay (TD=LD+PD, LD-local delay and PD=propagation delay) as a delayogram?
All things are possible through programming. Given operational definitions of
local delay, propagation delay, and delayogram, NEURON has everything you
need (mostly in the Vector and Graph classes) to plot whatever you like.
stelescu

delayogram

Post by stelescu »

Thank your advice.
I just want to know if there is something similar with neuromorphic rendering implemented in NEURON.
Ok, I will work on making the delayogram using the NEURON Vector and Graph classes.
I hoped only that it is already written.