Making inhomogeneous Ra with cell builder

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
Keivan

Making inhomogeneous Ra with cell builder

Post by Keivan »

I’m trying to make a model with inhomogeneous properties, using cell builder. But found that I could not use inhomogeneous Ra (axial resistance) with this approach. How can I solve this problem? On the other hand if there is no way solving this problem using GUI can I export my project and solve this problem using SubsetDomainIterator class? And also if answer is negative how can I solve this problem at hoc level (simplest way)? I've done

Ps: On the other hand I’ve done rest of my project with SubsetDomainIterator class, if I'm compelled to usu hoc level method how can I adjust hoc level method with SubsetDomainIterator class's method because it is possible that different p (i.e. ex distance from soma in cell builder) resulted from different methods?)

Cordially
Keivan
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Ra is a section variable, not a range variable. That is, Ra has the same value along the
entire length of a section. You could write your own code to do something similar. The first
step would be to create a new class similar to the SubsetDomainIterator in all respects
except for two:
1. (trivial) it would have a different name
and
2. (essential but easy to do) in its iterator loop() change

Code: Select all

forsec sl for (x, 0) {
to

forsec sl {
  x = 0.5 // or 0 or 1--just do this for a single point in the section
Some other changes may also be necessary, e.g. how you call this modified iterator,
because Ra(x) produces an error message (since Ra is not a range variable).
Keivan

Post by Keivan »

Thank you very much, your answer was very helpful for me. I Also changed the code a litle bit more to this in order to adjust the p value to x value.

forsec sl {
		for (x, 0) {
			i += 1}
		x = 0.5 // or 0 or 1--just do this for a single point in the section
		p = map.x[i*x]