Error after install NEURON 8 using rxd

RBJ

Error after install NEURON 8 using rxd

Post by RBJ »

The error itself is this:

Code: Select all

Could not find module 'C:\Users\Richard\model\rxddll201f5865-89a7-11ec-9fad-f48c5065050d.so' (or one of its dependencies). Try using the full path with constructor syntax.
Then this:

ld: error: c:/nrn/mingw/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/../lib/dllcrt2.o: lseek: Bad file descriptor
The demo works fine, importing NEURON works, but this when I try and run the complete model. I don't have ANY files called rxddll...so although I do have one called rxddll.....c. So I am wondering if it is something wrong with the compiling of the model? Or any suggestions would welcome.
(Am currently running the model successfully on another computer using, I think NEURON 7.6)
Kindest Regards
Richard
hines
Site Admin

Re: Error after install NEURON 8 using rxd

Post by hines »

What is the NEURON version you are using and what is the launch command you use to experience the problem.
Also what version do you see when you start a bash terminal and run
gcc -v

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue
on a bare machine. Maybe the NEURON installer is missing a file needed to compile/link rxddll...c into rxddll.so
RBJ

Post by RBJ »

Thank you, so NEURON 8.0, This is Python 3.8 calling a NEURON model from within an ANACONDA (py3.8) environment. With Spyder in fact. (but same with a simple terminal in the same environment).

gcc looks good?

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/bin/gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.3.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: x86_64-pc-cygwin
Configured with: /cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/gcc/gcc-7.3.0-3.x86_64/src/gcc-7.3.0/configure --srcdir=/cygdrive/i/szsz/tmpp/gcc/gcc-7.3.0-3.x86_64/src/gcc-7.3.0 --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc --docdir=/usr/share/doc/gcc --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/gcc/html -C --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin --host=x86_64-pc-cygwin --target=x86_64-pc-cygwin --without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-shared --enable-shared-libgcc --enable-static --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-bootstrap --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-dwarf2 --with-tune=generic --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-graphite --enable-threads=posix --enable-libatomic --enable-libcilkrts --enable-libgomp --enable-libitm --enable-libquadmath --enable-libquadmath-support --disable-libssp --enable-libada --disable-symvers --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as --with-cloog-include=/usr/include/cloog-isl --without-libiconv-prefix --without-libintl-prefix --with-system-zlib --enable-linker-build-id --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible --enable-libstdcxx-filesystem-ts
Thread model: posix
gcc version 7.3.0 (GCC)
Thank you
RBJ

Post by RBJ »

...and another detail I have noticed that might mean something is that when running (specifically when finalizing h.finitialize(-58)) just as it dies and throws that error... I noticed a file such as this is created every time:
rxddll868f2402-8c05-11ec-a8db-f48c5065050d.c
neuron121!

Post by neuron121! »

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. I've tried 8.0.0, 8.0.1, and 8.0.2. I am using a Windows 64 bit, and my collaborator is using Mac, and it works fine for him. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!