templated cells and shape name viewer

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
TWA

templated cells and shape name viewer

Post by TWA »

Hi, I find the feature of the shape name viewer gui that shows the selected section of a detailed model in red very useful. However, this doesn't work now that I am using the cells in templates. Combined with the fact that exporting to a template from the cell builder (after importing the 3d info, as per a suggestion made after another post about templating detailed models for use in networks) changes all the section names, has forced me to do this conversion manually. So I have found a way around this by using the non-template version of my cell to browse the section names, and then using the template version generated manually to preserve the section names to do simulations. However, I thought I would bring this up in case there is an easier way, or if this is something that should be fixed.

Thanks,
Corey Acker
TWA

my mistake

Post by TWA »

Hello, I blundered, there is no issue with the shape name viewer and templated cells. If you create multiple copies of cells they all show up in the viewer, and unless you move them, they are overlapping, thus preventing you from seeing the sections underneath that are changing color.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Correct. A class definition that is written by the CellBuilder includes a public
procedure called position() that can be used to specify the location of any
cell instance. For example,

Code: Select all

objref pyr4
pyr4 = new L4pyr()
pyr4.position(10, 20, 30) // desired coords of 0 end of root section (soma)
TWA

Post by TWA »

Right, that's exactly what I used to spread the cells out, and voila, I could see the sections of the cells underneath lighting up. At least I caught it myself, and hopefully didn't waste anybody's time. Thanks!
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Not a waste of time at all. These discussions become part of the available documentation,
and very often address issues that haven't been covered elsewhere.