Plotting epsp (created by newPlotV())

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Franzi

Plotting epsp (created by newPlotV())

Post by Franzi »

Hello,

is there a possibility to plot several sections of a dendrit in one graph.
Thereby i need the time (tstop) as scale in x-axis.

NewPlotV() shows me all the esps, but at every new step a new graph is drawn the old is cleared. But i would like to see all plots in one window.

Thanks, greetings Franzi
Raj

Post by Raj »

Franzi wrote: Is there a possibility to plot several sections of a dendrit in one graph?
Assuming you want to see the membrane potential from different sections, the easiest solution is the following:
From the 'graph' menu select the 'voltage axis' item. Then with "right mouse button"-> "plot what?" select the variable v(0.5) for all sections your interested in. (If this is to much work, you can save the graph with one example trace to a session file and edit the session file manually to fit your needs.)

If you want to see an overlay of results with different protocols, you can make sure the graph is not erased with "right mouse button"-> "keep lines". You should make sure this item is checked.

You should NOT use the access statement to get plots from different sections as this might lead to surprising side effects. Doing a search on the access keyword on this forum will give you several hints as to why this is.