Can I import channels into CellBuilder?

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
bwjmbb17

Can I import channels into CellBuilder?

Post by bwjmbb17 »

Hey guys,

I am new to CellBuilder and I was curious if there was a way to import channels into the GUI so that I could have more channels than just pas, extracellular, and hh? The reason I am asking is that I want to try to automate the process of building a cell with as many compartments and channels as the user wants without the user having to code anything. This is so that users with little to no experience can create single cell models easily.

Thanks,
bwjmbb17
ted
Site Admin

Re: Can I import channels into CellBuilder?

Post by ted »

Whatever mechanisms NEURON loads when it starts will appear automatically in all relevant GUI tools, such as the PointProcessManager and CellBuilder. If you have some particular mechanisms that you want to be available, put their mod files in a particular directory, compile them, and thereafter start NEURON in that directory. If instead NEURON is started in some other directory, cd to the directory that contains the compiled mechanisms and execute
nrn_load_dll() (see Programmer's Reference entry
https://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/stat ... n_load_dll)
bwjmbb17

Re: Can I import channels into CellBuilder?

Post by bwjmbb17 »

Thanks,
Brenyn