X-axis changes scale when adding color to plot

Discussions of particular models.

Moderator: tom_morse

sanjaybioe

X-axis changes scale when adding color to plot

Post by sanjaybioe »

Hi, I am working on the model with acc.no. 139421 authored by Sam Neymotin et.al. The model runs on linux/ubuntu OS (I use xubuntu). The plots in the output are 1) the local field potential (in-vivo) as a voltage trace and 2) the raster plot which shows firing of 3 different individual cell types (pyramidal, basket and OLM).

I wanted to simultaneously plot the single neuron activity along with LFP (vlfp) and have done it as well. But when i give the index for different colors for different traces, the different traces are given correct color but the x-axis scales to 10 times (0 - 10000 instead of 0-1000 as put in the code). The plot displayed is over this range of 0-10000 but the activity is exactly that of a 1000 ms plot. The panel is myg.

net.vlfp.plot(myg,h.dt) shows lfp with correct scales and in black since default index for color = 1, which is for black color.

Instead if i modify it as net.vlfp.plot(myg,3,h.dt), the lfp is in blue color (index = 3), the activity seen is for 1000 ms but on an x-axis ranging from 0-10000.The scaling changes similarly for any modifications in color. Could you let me know the correct format of coding to include colors in this line of code.

Sanjay.
samnemo

Re: X-axis changes scale when adding color to plot

Post by samnemo »

Hi Sanjay,

You just need to pass the correct arguments to the Vector plot function.

Here are the docs for that:
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/stati ... ector.plot

Since you want to specify a dt and a color you'll have to use this call:
vec.plot(graphobj, x_increment, color, brush)

Here, x_increment is the time-step (h.dt).

Does using this form solve your problem?

Sam
sanjaybioe

Re: X-axis changes scale when adding color to plot

Post by sanjaybioe »

Hi Sam, it works as you suggested.

Thanks.