NeuronJ to NEURON: Getting NLMorph to work

Managing anatomically complex model cells with the CellBuilder. Importing morphometric data with NEURON's Import3D tool or Robert Cannon's CVAPP. Where to find detailed morphometric data.
mattmc88

NeuronJ to NEURON: Getting NLMorph to work

Post by mattmc88 »

Hello everyone.

Does anybody know why I might be having a problem getting NLMorphologyConverter to convert a .ndf file? When I open NLMorph 0.8.0 or 0.7.0 on a Max (OS X), a terminal opens, but I can't type anything in it. I've also tried version 0.8.0 on a Windows XP, and got the same result.

Help.

Matt
ted
Site Admin

Re: NeuronJ to NEURON: Getting NLMorph to work

Post by ted »

You might ask the developer of NLMorphologyConverter.
marmite

Re: NeuronJ to NEURON: Getting NLMorph to work

Post by marmite »

Could you describe in more detail how you are launching the NLMorphologyConverter? It sounds like you are not using it correctly.

It is a command line application, and therefore requires you to open a terminal window *first*, from which you can then run the application (by typing in the terminal window)

On windows XP (and hopefully soon on Mac OSX too), you can alternatively use the NLMorphologyViewer (an application with a graphical user interface) to convert between morphology data formats. Using the viewer is more intuitive for those not used to using the command line. Note, however, that the viewer does not yet provide options to scale the data length units.

Note that the NeuronJ importer is the least well tested of all the supported formats, and any feedback about any other problems would be very welcome (as would any data which could be added to the test database used for developing the NLMorphologyConverter)

James
Neuronland