Use Dependent Synaptic Plasticity

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
ben_gm

Use Dependent Synaptic Plasticity

Post by ben_gm »

Hello,

I am quite new to computational neuroscience, and NEURON in particular, and have to say I'm really impressed by the generosity of the information sharing that goes on in the area.

I'm trying to play around with use dependent synaptic plasticity, and wondering if it's possible to characterise a synapse that will change its weight according to the presynaptic spiking frequency? As a simple example of the kind of thing I'm thinking, where synaptic weight=0.05*presynaptic spiking frequency

I've read through chapter 10 in NEURON,and its section on use dependent synaptic plasticity, but haven't quite got my head around hoc yet, so don't think I've fully grasped all its points. Is this the kind of thing that could be done on the GUI?

Many thanks,

Ben
ted
Site Admin

Re: Use Dependent Synaptic Plasticity

Post by ted »

ben_gm wrote:I'm trying to play around with use dependent synaptic plasticity, and wondering if it's possible to characterise a synapse that will change its weight according to the presynaptic spiking frequency?
With programming, all things are possible. Write the necessary code in NMODL, then compile it.