Nohting happens when I drag a .mod into mknrndll

bchenley

Nohting happens when I drag a .mod into mknrndll

Post by bchenley »

Nothing happens when I drag a model into mknrndll.

Using NEURON 7.1
Mac OS X (10.5.8)
ted
Site Admin

Re: Nohting happens when I drag a .mod into mknrndll

Post by ted »

Try dragging the entire folder that contains the mod file.
bchenley

Post by bchenley »

Thanks... Yes, I did. It looks like this in the prompt:

-e
drag a folder or set of mod files onto the mknrndll script
Press 'return' key to close
/Users/BC/Desktop/neuron/extracellular_stim_and_rec

... and nothing else happens...
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Look for the item
Problem: Mknrndll does not work.
on this page.
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/downl ... ac_install
bchenley

Post by bchenley »

Thanks... I know have 10.6, and when I drag xtra.mod to the mknrndll icon, this is entered into the prompt:

-e
xtra.mod
xtra.mod
"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/share/nrn/libtool" --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/include/nrn" -I"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib" -arch ppc -arch i386 -c -o mod_func.lo mod_func.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/include/nrn -I/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib -arch ppc -arch i386 -c mod_func.c -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/mod_func.o
"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/share/nrn/libtool" --mode=link gcc -module -arch ppc -arch i386 -o libnrnmech.la -rpath "/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib" xtra.lo mod_func.lo -L"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib" -lnrnoc -loc -lmemacs -lnrnmpi -lscopmath -lsparse13 -lreadline -lncurses -L"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib" "/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrniv.la" -livoc -lneuron_gnu -lmeschach -lsundials
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrnoc.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/liboc.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libmemacs.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrnmpi.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libscopmath.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libsparse13.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrniv.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libivoc.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libneuron_gnu.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libmeschach.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libsundials.la' was moved.
rm -fr .libs/libnrnmech.0.0.0.so .libs/libnrnmech.0.so .libs/libnrnmech.la .libs/libnrnmech.lai .libs/libnrnmech.so
gcc ${wl}-flat_namespace ${wl}-undefined ${wl}suppress -o .libs/libnrnmech.0.0.0.so -bundle .libs/xtra.o .libs/mod_func.o -L/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrnoc.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/liboc.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libmemacs.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrnmpi.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libscopmath.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libsparse13.dylib -lreadline -lncurses /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libnrniv.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libivoc.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libneuron_gnu.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libmeschach.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.1/nrn/umac/lib/libsundials.dylib -arch ppc -arch i386
(cd .libs && rm -f libnrnmech.0.so && ln -s libnrnmech.0.0.0.so libnrnmech.0.so)
(cd .libs && rm -f libnrnmech.so && ln -s libnrnmech.0.0.0.so libnrnmech.so)
creating libnrnmech.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libnrnmech.la && ln -s ../libnrnmech.la libnrnmech.la)
Successfully created umac/special

Since I'm new to NEURON, I don't understand what to make of this. Anyway, when I double-click on initxstim.hoc or do load_file("initxstim.hoc") in the oc> prompt, NEURON crashes quits...
hines
Site Admin

Post by hines »

Drag the old installation to the trash and try
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/neuron/v ... 10.2.0.dmg
Install by dragging NEURON-7.2 to the Applications folder. Then try dragging your folder containing the
mod files onto the mknrndll icon.
bchenley

Post by bchenley »

Thanks... I am still not able to get it to work. I downloaded the file you attached, dragged the NEURON 7.2 folder to the Applications folder, then the extracellular_stim_and_rec folder onto the mknrndll icon, and received this in the prompt:

-e
xtra.mod
xtra.mod
"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/share/nrn/libtool" --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/include/nrn" -I"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib" -arch i386 -g -O2 -c -o mod_func.lo mod_func.c
libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/include/nrn -I/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib -arch i386 -g -O2 -c mod_func.c -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/mod_func.o
"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/share/nrn/libtool" --mode=link gcc -module -arch i386 -g -O2 -o libnrnmech.la -rpath "/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib" xtra.lo mod_func.lo -L"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib" -lnrnoc -loc -lmemacs -lnrnmpi -lscopmath -lsparse13 -lreadline -lncurses -L"/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib" "/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrniv.la" -livoc -lneuron_gnu -lmeschach -lsundials
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrnoc.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/liboc.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libmemacs.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrnmpi.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libscopmath.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libsparse13.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrniv.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libivoc.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libneuron_gnu.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libmeschach.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libsundials.la' was moved.
libtool: link: rm -fr .libs/libnrnmech.0.0.0.so .libs/libnrnmech.0.so .libs/libnrnmech.0.so.dSYM .libs/libnrnmech.la .libs/libnrnmech.lai .libs/libnrnmech.so
libtool: link: gcc -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o .libs/libnrnmech.0.so -bundle .libs/xtra.o .libs/mod_func.o -L/Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrnoc.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/liboc.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libmemacs.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrnmpi.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libscopmath.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libsparse13.0.0.0.dylib -lreadline -lncurses /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libnrniv.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libivoc.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libneuron_gnu.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libmeschach.0.0.0.dylib /Users/BC/Desktop/NEURON-7.2/nrn/i386/lib/libsundials.0.0.0.dylib -arch i386
libtool: link: dsymutil .libs/libnrnmech.0.so || :
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libnrnmech.so" && ln -s "libnrnmech.0.so" "libnrnmech.so")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libnrnmech.0.0.0.so" && ln -s "libnrnmech.0.so" "libnrnmech.0.0.0.so")
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libnrnmech.la" && ln -s "../libnrnmech.la" "libnrnmech.la" )
Successfully created i386/special
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

So what happened when you double clicked on initxstim.hoc ?
bchenley

Post by bchenley »

When I double-click on the initxstim.hoc, NEURON quits suddenly...
bchenley

Post by bchenley »

Actually, when I double-click on it, it works... weird.. thanks!!
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

bchenley wrote:Thanks... I am still not able to get it to work. I downloaded the file you attached, dragged the NEURON 7.2 folder to the Applications folder, then the extracellular_stim_and_rec folder onto the mknrndll icon, and received this in the prompt:
None of the messages quoted in that post were error messages. Furthermore, the next to last message was
Successfully created i386/special
so it seemed like a good bet that nothing had gone wrong.