GUI bug in netbuilder?

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
aliaped

GUI bug in netbuilder?

Post by aliaped »

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to read my question today. I am having a problem connecting cells in the netbuilder. I read the netbuilder tutorial and think I am correctly using the GUI to connect cells to synapse labels instead of the synapse locations, but am having no luck. The line stays in place, but never becomes thick, and the help prompt never changes. I am on a mac. Any idea why I might be encountering this issue? Could it be how I constructed my VecStim artificial cell? See attached youtube video for visual of "bug". https://youtu.be/GwU2QfWX8nM

Thank you,

Alia
ted
Site Admin

Re: GUI bug in netbuilder?

Post by ted »

It looks like you connected the spike source (a NetStim) to a valid target (an Exp2Syn), but . . .
The line stays in place, but never becomes thick, and the help prompt never changes.
Yes, those changes should have happened.

What happens if you simply resize the window a bit?

What version of NEURON are you using? (launch NEURON, then copy what it printed to the terminal, and include that in your reply)
aliaped

Post by aliaped »

Interesting, when I tried to save the NetBuilder and assorted paraphernalia to a .ses file, I got an endless loop of seg fault errors. I restarted, all is well again. Or, rather, right back where we started.

Resizing the window was something I tried, with no luck.

Here is the version header.

Code: Select all

NEURON -- VERSION 7.8.2 release/7.8 (09b151ec) 2020-12-16
Duke, Yale, and the BlueBrain Project -- Copyright 1984-2019
See http://neuron.yale.edu/neuron/credits
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

when I tried to save the NetBuilder and assorted paraphernalia to a .ses file, I got an endless loop of seg fault errors
I don't like any of this. Can you uninstall NEURON completely, then install the latest version (8.0) from www.neuron.yale.edu? You'll have to recompile your .mod files.
aliaped

Post by aliaped »

On it. Thanks Ted. I will follow up shortly.
aliaped

Post by aliaped »

Reinstalling neuron fixed the problem, much appreciated.