Installation error in CentOS

Jaekyung Kim

Installation error in CentOS

Post by Jaekyung Kim »

Hello. I am trying to install "nrn-7.3.x86_64.rpm in CentOS of cluster" However I faced trouble like below. I am a noob about CentOS and cluster. I am using Windows and run NEURON in this OS. I am trying to use cluster for the simulation. Could you advise me how I can solve it. Thank you!!

[root@node0 Downloads]# rpm --install nrn-7.3.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit) is needed by nrn-7.3-ansi1078.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.15)(64bit) is needed by nrn-7.3-ansi1078.x86_64
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.15)(64bit) is needed by nrn-7.3-ansi1078.x86_64
ted
Site Admin

Re: Installation error in CentOS

Post by ted »

Jaekyung Kim wrote:I am a noob about CentOS and cluster. I am using Windows and run NEURON in this OS. I am trying to use cluster for the simulation. Could you advise me how I can solve it.
This is a potential can of worms that I would not want to open. If you insist on doing this, you should get expert help from someone nearby who is experienced with Linux on clusters; specific experience with CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux is advisable.

But why bother? Just use the Neuroscience Gateway Portal http://www.nsgportal.org/, which will quickly give you a secure, private account, and free CPU time for your parallel simulations. Very easy to use. NEURON is already optimally installed and configured on high performance computing hardware, and you won't have to fiddle around with software dependencies.
Jaekyung Kim

Re: Installation error in CentOS

Post by Jaekyung Kim »

Thank you!! Yes I will ask a help. Moreover thank you so much for the information about Neuroscience Gateway Portal. I didn't konw it. I should use it. Thank you so much!!