Cannot find executable python3 or python

Sun Xiaoqing

Post by Sun Xiaoqing »

Good day,

I'm using Win10 64-bit, and I've already installed NEURON and Anaconda. When I double click nrniv_python from Start Menu, this error message showed:

Code: Select all

Could not open C:/Users/sunxi/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Anaconda3 (64-bit)/Anaconda Prompt.lnk
Could not open C:/Users/sunxi/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Anaconda3 (64-bit)/Anaconda Prompt.lnk
NEURON -- VERSION 7.7.2 7.7 (2b7985ba) 2019-06-20
Duke, Yale, and the BlueBrain Project -- Copyright 1984-2018
See http://neuron.yale.edu/neuron/credits

Python not available

NEURON exited abnormally. Press the return key to close this window
When I installed the Anaconda it asked me if I wanted to add Anaconda to my PATH environment variable and I didn't agree. I wonder if it was the reason why this error occurred.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Cannot find executable python3 or python

Post by ted »

If you're not planning to use Python with NEURON or vice versa, ignore the message. Otherwise, uninstall NEURON completely--COMPLETELY--and then reinstall and accept the "add python to path" option.
Sun Xiaoqing

Re: Cannot find executable python3 or python

Post by Sun Xiaoqing »

Thanks for your advice, it works now!