From ModelDB: Hu_etal_AIS_Nav1p6_and_1p2_2009

Discussions of particular models.

Moderator: tom_morse

hallockk

From ModelDB: Hu_etal_AIS_Nav1p6_and_1p2_2009

Post by hallockk »

Has anyone tried to run the Hu et al. model?

I changed the working directory to the Hu folder, compiled their mechanisms into a DLL, loaded the init.hoc file using the File menu, and it brings up a window with three buttons; one for each model. Clicking on each button gives me an error similar to:

nrniv: Can't open experiment/Pyramidal_Main.hoc
near line 2
{ Pyramidal()}
^
xopen("experiment/Pyramidal_Main.hoc" )
Pyramidal( )

I don't have much experience using ModelDB models so my guess is I'm loading it incorrectly; any ideas on how to fix this?
tom_morse

Re: From ModelDB: Hu_etal_AIS_Nav1p6_and_1p2_2009

Post by tom_morse »

I assume you are trying to run this model:
http://senselab.med.yale.edu/ModelDB/Sh ... del=123897

I have found that it succesfully auto-launches on a windows xp machine with NEURON 7.1.

Can you get it to auto-launch in a browser? Which version of NEURON and operating system are you using?
hallockk

Post by hallockk »

Hmmm...I'm using Windows XP and Neuron 7.1; what do you do to get it to autolaunch?
tom_morse

Post by tom_morse »

Under Internet Explorer you should be able to auto-launch by clicking on the auto-launch button on the show model page (above link). For other browsers after you click the auto-launch button for the first time you will need to select to open the nrnzip file with an application that you then browse to. The application is c:\nrn71\bin\mos2nrn.exe
hallockk

Post by hallockk »

That works fine. Is there any way to load it from what I've downloaded on my computer? The init.hoc works, but the panel it brings up only gives me errors when I click its buttons.
tom_morse

Post by tom_morse »

I had to shorten the archive folder (directory) name in ModelDB to compile the mod files with mknrndll. Please start over by
1) download the updated archive from ModelDB from here:
http://senselab.med.yale.edu/ModelDB/Sh ... del=123897
2) extract the archive
3) run mknrndll, for example from Start -> All Programs -> NEURON 7.1 -> mknrndll
4) click choose directory and browse to the folder "mechanism" in the expanded archive folders
5) select to make nrnmech.dll
6) in a Windows Explorer box double click on the mosinit.hoc file in the mechanisms folder.

Let us know if it worked or what the error was.