No graphs plotting

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
santana_loren9

No graphs plotting

Post by santana_loren9 »

I am just starting with NEURON. I decided to work through the following tutorial: http://web.mit.edu/neuron_v7.4/nrntutht ... /tutA.html

I did everything through the end, however, when I click on graphs and voltage, no graph shows up. Same thing when I click on the other links under graph. I know I have all the needed software (XQuartz , Python, Command Line Tools, NEURON) but I can't figure out why graphs aren't showing. Can someone help?
Thanks.
ted
Site Admin

Re: No graphs plotting

Post by ted »

First, does your NEURON installation work properly? Run neurondemo, select the "Release" example by clicking on the corresponding radio button, then click on the RunControl's "Init & Run" button. Do the graphs show plots of v etc. vs time?
santana_loren9

Post by santana_loren9 »

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the reply. I did as you asked and graphs were produced when I clicked init&run.
I feel so foolish now. After doing that, I realized that clicking on the graph button isn't sufficient. I have to first click on tools > runcontrol >init&run.

Thank you.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Does this mean that the problem is solved?

Never feel embarrassed about asking a question, no matter how obvious the answer may seem in retrospect. Nobody is born knowing how to do this stuff. Software user interfaces are often far from intuitive, no matter how simple and intuitive they may seem to the programmers that developed them.
santana_loren9

Post by santana_loren9 »

Thank you. Yes, that problem was solved. Sorry, didn't see this post.