Cannot save

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
staceyw

Cannot save

Post by staceyw »

I am running WinXP on my own computer (no other users/admin).

I previously had installed version 6.0.3, and it was running fine. Then after a long delay I got back into gui work and tried saving .hoc and .ses files and got error messages stating the files could not be opened for writing, and was unable to save anything. (these were new filenames, so it was not an access issue).

The rest of the program, and running .hoc files, works just fine.

So I installed 6.1 just now. Restarted the computer. Now when I click the save button there is no response at all. No error message. Still nothing gets saved.

This error occurs with even the most elementary of sessions. It simply will not execute the save function.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Cannot save

Post by ted »

Could you please be more specific?
staceyw wrote:when I click the save button
There is no "save" button. Exactly what are you doing?
staceyw

Post by staceyw »

Actually, there are two "save" buttons. Whether I click the dropdown "save session" button from the main gui, or the "export to file" button on the cellbuilder, both times a file select window pops up, with a prompt to enter the filename and a "save" button. Pressing either of these save buttons does nothing now, and in the previous version caused the error stated above.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

What is the current working directory? i.e. into which directory are you trying to save ses
or hoc files?
staceyw

Post by staceyw »

Thanks, but I figured it out--the 6.1 is working fine. User error.