NeuroML 2.0 support?

Managing anatomically complex model cells with the CellBuilder. Importing morphometric data with NEURON's Import3D tool or Robert Cannon's CVAPP. Where to find detailed morphometric data.
jamesan

NeuroML 2.0 support?

Post by jamesan »

Hello, Does Neuron support the new NeuroML 2.0 beta format and if not is there an ETA?

I am writing an exporter for a connectome database. So far I've exported cell morphology using NeuroML 1.8 and imported into Neuron successfully.

Based on a suggestion from the NeuroML mailing list I decided to try the Neuroml 2.0 beta 1 schema. So far 2.0 has been nicer to work with in a few ways. Unfortunately I haven't been able to import my 2.0 models into Neuron. This could also be my error and a quick Google didn't turn up any hints.

Neuron is the most important app for me so if it isn't going to happen soon I'll target 1.8

Thanks,
James
hines
Site Admin

Re: NeuroML 2.0 support?

Post by hines »

NeuroML 2 support is definitely intended but, unfortunately, there are so many other things on the stack that there is no definite time planned to start on the project.
I'm not certain but I believe neuroconnect may provide a path from NeuroML to a NEURON model.