Work on a team to develop computational model of dorsal horn neurons
to understand the core mechanism of the spinal cord stimulation.
• Develop computational model for single/network cell and simulation
(using NEURON, Matlab, or other modeling software tools)
• Design test cases and test protocols to validate the behavior of the
model as compared to the published literatures
• Apply the use of theories, concepts and techniques as they relate to
• Providing solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate
scope and complexity.
Work under general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of
technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Contributes to the
completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
The ideal candidate should be a motivated and a team-player, with some
knowledge of computational model development and validation. The
candidate should have good Engineering/Neuroscience and Problem
Solving skills as well as communication skills. The candidate should
also possess knowledge of both neuroscience and computational model
development such as NEURON and Matlab.
• BS/MS in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, or related field
• 2+ Years experience programming in neuron modeling Languages
• 2+ Years experience programming in analysis tool (ex. Matlab)
• Working knowledge about developing multi-compartment model
• Knowledge of ion channel dynamics, non-linear channel model
• Knowledge of biological neural network and computationally equivalent model
Contact: Dongchul Lee, Ph.D. (Dongchul.Lee@bsci.com)