I had to shorten the archive folder (directory) name in ModelDB to compile the mod files with mknrndll. Please start over by
1) download the updated archive from ModelDB from here:http://senselab.med.yale.edu/ModelDB/Sh ... del=123897
2) extract the archive
3) run mknrndll, for example from Start -> All Programs -> NEURON 7.1 -> mknrndll
4) click choose directory and browse to the folder "mechanism" in the expanded archive folders
5) select to make nrnmech.dll
6) in a Windows Explorer box double click on the mosinit.hoc file in the mechanisms folder.
Let us know if it worked or what the error was.