Paralel version not working

General issues of interest both for network and
individual cell parallelization.

Moderator: hines

shyam_u2

Paralel version not working

Post by shyam_u2 »

Hi ,

I have a neuronal network model. The serial implementation of the model works perfectly. The parallel version of the model works perfectly in serial mode ( when double clicking the hoc file). But it does not work with mpiexec -np -mpi command. Though it doesnt give me any error, I am not able to see anything in the output. Any suggestions or advice is very much appreciated and thankful.

Shyam
ted
Site Admin

Re: Paralel version not working

Post by ted »

Diagnostic strategy: verify the following, in this sequence, for both the serial and parallel implementations:
existence of cells
connections between cells
--what source projects to which target
--weight and latency of each connection
inputs to the net
collection of simulation results

For examples of how to do this in a way that tries to reduce the onerousness of the task, see "Translating network models to parallel hardware in NEURON" (link on http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/docs).
shyam_u2

Re: Paralel version not working

Post by shyam_u2 »

Thanks ted. The bug was very very simple. When running in parallel mode i didnt execute nrnivmodl. Since the mod files were already compiled in serial mode i thought i dont need to compile them again. I used to compile the mod files in serial mode by drag and drop. That is the reason why it worked in serial mode and not in parallel mode.

Shyam