restore in session files

General issues of interest both for network and
individual cell parallelization.

Moderator: hines

Krishna Chaitanya

restore in session files

Post by Krishna Chaitanya »

Hi,

I have a doubt with regard to the session files. Inside my saved session file, I find restore(411,2) line. What is the meaning of those numbers as arguments? I searched about this syntax in NEURON programmer's reference but I couldn't get enough information. I could find only restore() or restore(1).

In this case, restore(411,2) means what?

Kindly let me know.

Thank you.
ted
Site Admin

Re: restore in session files

Post by ted »

AFAIK the keyword "restore" does not refer to a hoc variable, procedure, or function, so it must be a method that belongs to a class. The only class that I know of that has a "restore" method is SaveState, but I have never seen an instance of SaveState in a ses file. So unless the ses file you're looking at was edited by somebody who inserted a reference to a SaveState instance, I suspect that the "restore" to which you refer has nothing to do with SaveState, but instead is a method that belongs to some "helper class" that is not intended to be employed directly by users. Without seeing the ses file I can't say more.
ted
Site Admin

Re: restore in session files

Post by ted »

Update: I do find a method called restore in a ses file that included a VariableTimeStep panel.
grep restore *hoc
in NEURON's hoc library nrn/share/nrn/lib/hoc shows that the only instance of restore appears in varmeth1.hoc. It belongs to the NumericalMethodPanel, and its purpose is to restore saved numerical method details.